About this position
The Business Analyst ("BA") helps the leadership team make better decisions. The BA assesses organizational performance and new initiatives by collecting, recording, and analyzing data in order to evaluate and present findings to our business leaders. Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Partnerships, you will be responsible for creating new models that support business decisions by working closely with financial reporting and engineering teams.
This is an incredible growth opportunity for a highly analytical and curious person with great communication and reporting skills. You will have the ability to make an immediate impact in our organization and help build our data-driven culture.
LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Remote work/Office space (with dogs!)
- Hilarious co-workers & Great office parties
- Mediocre office-supplied coffee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Competitive salary & benefits
What You’ll Do as a Business Analyst
Reporting & Analytics
- Build the reporting and analytics muscle within the organization.
- Support leadership team, departmental leads, and strategic initiatives group with the resources to collect, aggregate, analyze, and report on data as we shift to a data-driven organization.
- Interact with operational business/team leads & finance team to:
- Bridge data sources (product, sales/ops, finance)
- Maintain dashboards
- Help interpret and understand the data
- Secure third-party benchmark data
Identify gaps in processes and prioritize functional and technical requirements to close them.
Aggregate, analyze, and disseminate business intelligence by:
- Building models, tracking and reporting KPI metrics
- Creating department, management, and board-level reports and presentations
- Selecting appropriate SaaS tools
- Data Management, Extraction and Manipulation
- Understand and extract insights from internal data sources including, but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Zoom Info
- Sales Navigator
- Using tools such as, but not limited to:
- Tableau or Power BI
Analyze the cost, impact, and ROI of:
- New business initiatives (Build, Buy, Partner comparisons)
- Partnerships (new and existing)
- Investments in technology
- Analyze and understand the contribution margins and profitability of existing and potential customer segments
What You Need to Get the Job Done
Post-Secondary degree in Business, Economics, Data Science, Information Management, or Statistics
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst or similar position such as: Project/Sales/Operations/Data analyst
- Curious and analytical mind with a desire to understand numbers and not just collect them
- Experience writing reports on the interpretation of results, developing financial model projections focused on initiatives and layering financial information with business metric information to support business decisions
- Highly proficient in Excel with a strong understanding of PowerPoint
- Experience using Business intelligence and visualization tools e.g. Tableau or Power BI
- Working knowledge of Python for data extraction and manipulation purposes
- Experience in data analysis and business intelligence software solutions
- An understanding and eagerness to tackle challenges and learn quickly
What Will Help You Get the Job Done
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Great sense of humour never hurts!
- No fear of dogs (semi-mandatory)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
Does this Sound Like You?
- You are curious and have a sharp eye for the details
- You are a critical thinker that loves solving complex problems
- You are tenacious with a growth-mindset
- You are resourceful, innovative, and proactive
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter