About this position
The Finance Manager plays an important role in the Financal functions at LifeRaft by keeping pace with the busy environment in which we operate. The Finance Manager creates financial reports, processes payroll, manages accounts payable and receivable, and keeps the long-term financial benefit of the organization top of mind.
This is an incredible opportunity for a analytical problem solver with great attention to detail and masterful reporting skills. You will have the ability to make an impact in our organization and join an exciting fast growing team.
LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Remote work/Office space (with dogs!)
- Hilarious co-workers & Great office parties
- Mediocre office-supplied coffee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Competitive salary & benefits
What You’ll Do as a Finance Manager
- Process Receivables, Payables, Payments, Credit Cards, Journal Entries, Payroll and Group Insurance
- Process all banking transactions and bank reconciliations
- Follow good internal controls
- Be involved at month end by conducting variance analysis and financial statement review
- Provide input into the annual budget, monthly forecasts and annual audit
- Maintain a great filing system as backup for transactions
- Identify and recommend efficiencies for processes
- Assist customers and vendors with account questions about invoicing and payments
- Contribute to company growth and development
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Student within the CPA program or recent CPA graduate
- 2+ years experience in Accounting or Finance with full cycle accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong focus on supporting efforts to grow the business
- The ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team either remotely or in person
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Above average MS Office skills, with a focus on MS Excel
- Experience responding to audit requests and working with auditors
- An understanding and eagerness to tackle challenges and learn quickly
What Will Help You Get the Job Done
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Great sense of humour never hurts!
- No fear of dogs (semi-mandatory)
- Adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
Does this Sound Like You?
- You are curious and have a sharp eye for the details
- You are adaptable, tech savvy, and analytical
- You are tenacious with a growth-mindset
- You are resourceful, innovative, and proactive
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter