About this position
As the General Accountant, you are important to the growth and evolution of LifeRaft's finance department. Working closely with the Finance Manager and Director, Finance, the General Accountant will own client services for receivables, and support in payables, reporting, and monthly close processes. You will manage and help improve key processes. The role of General Accountant has the opportunity for career growth, and will help drive the success of the team.
What you will do:
- Manage A/R cycle (invoicing, receivables, posting of cash receipts, management of customer relationships)
- Manage A/P cycle (post vendor invoices, prepare bi-weekly pay runs, manage company credit cards, management of vendor relationships)
- Prepare cash reporting
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Support in month end close processes
- Help implement new software and processes to improve efficiency
- Participate in educational opportunities related to your role
- Process employee expenses
- Support and reporting for employee commission plans
- Support the payroll process
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data. LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Navigator is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection. Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
- Degree/Diploma in Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field
- 1+ year(s) experience in a similar role
- Stellar attention to detail
- Desire to provide all stakeholders with a great experience
- You’re productive, driven, and organized
- You question the status quo to encourage improvement
- You learn quickly
- You love being on a team and working independently
- You love problem solving
- You are a strong and efficient communicator
- A great sense of humour never hurts!
- Love of dogs (we have many in office)
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Attractive & competitive compensation plan & benefits
- Investment in personal and professional growth
- Remote work/office space (with dogs!) with flexible hours
- Flexible time off – Take a minimum of 15 days/year with no cap beyond!
- Health Benefits & $750 Yearly Lifestyle Subsidy
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Hilarious authentic co-workers & fun social activities
- A company-supplemented phone plan
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter