About this position
The IT Operations Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and administration of our internal IT infrastructure. Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations, the IT Operations Specialist assists our end users with their daily IT needs and issues, performs on and offboarding tasks, and assists the Manager, IT Operations in ensuring the daily internal business operations run smoothly.
Our SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and dark web) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a growing, Halifax-based software company, with a real passion for people as they service the IT needs of our small but mighty team. LifeRaft is an ISO 27001 certified company that is continuing to invest in maturing it’s cyber security posture.
This is an incredible opportunity for an analytical problem solver with great attention to detail and fantastic interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to make an impact in our organization and join an exciting fast growing team.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data. LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Navigator is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection. Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Attractive & competitive compensation plan & benefits
- Investment in personal and professional growth
- Remote work/office space (with dogs!) with flexible hours
- Flexible time off – Take a minimum of 15 days/year with no cap beyond!
- Health Benefits & $1000 Yearly Lifestyle Subsidy
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Hilarious authentic co-workers & fun social activities
What You’ll Do as an IT Operations Specialist
- Working with G Suite, MS 365, directory services, device management, system patching, office connectivity, hardware inventory and malware protection.
- Assist end users with basic troubleshooting and other day-to-day issues
- Work with the Manager, IT Operations to implement system changes and software go-lives, policy implementation, etc.
- Perform onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Provision software and product access in various cloud-based vendor portals (G Suite, Jumpcloud, etc.)
- Perform hardware and software setup on new and recirculated devices
- Other IT and Cybersecurity-related tasks at the direction of the Manager, IT Operations and CISO
What You Need to Get the Job DoneExperience configuring and operating:
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Device management, directory services and patch management systems
- Malware protection software
- Experience using and supporting Mac OS and Windows systems
- Software/hardware inventories
- A passion for continuous learning
- Knowledge of Cyber security principles and fundamentals
- Outstanding user-focused service delivery (Be a people person!)
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter