About this position
LifeRaft is looking to fill a Senior Platform Engineering role, reporting to the Manager of Platform Engineering.
Based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, LifeRaft was incorporated in 2014 with a clear objective to advance corporate security. We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data.
Our SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
This individual will play a critical role in helping to enhance and secure the infrastructure and developer tooling supporting our world class intelligence platform, working with the rest of our seasoned Product Technology team. Platform engineering is an evolution for us and the next step of our DevSecOps journey. You’ll be able to influence both how we evolve and how we get there.
LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the world’s biggest brands! Our technology helps keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves on our collaborative, innovative, and fun culture.
- Attractive & competitive compensation plan & benefits
- Investment in personal and professional growth
- Remote work/office space (with dogs!) with flexible hours
- Flexible time off policy
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Hilarious co-workers & great office parties
- Mediocre office-supplied coffee
What You’ll Do as a Senior Platform Engineer
- Work closely with the Director of Platform Engineering, SVP of Engineering, and the broader engineering teams to ensure the continued performance, stability and security of the platform.
- Developing tooling to improve spinning up and managing infrastructure using Terraform and other tools to automate the management of our AWS and GCP infrastructure.
- Provide tooling for developers to allow them to quickly and confidently push code to production.
Document processes and platform design to effectively communicate to the engineering organization how to leverage the platform.
- Build integrations between our CI/CD tooling and code / open source dependency scanning tools.
Manage and maintain the existing infrastructure, drive changes and improvements to achieve uptime and performance objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and enforcing security policies to ensure data protection.
- Evaluate new technologies that may apply to our needs.
- Responsible for maintaining and evolving the logging and monitoring platform (GrayLog), monitoring core infrastructure, and providing tooling to application developers to monitor application synthetics and events.
- Regularly testing and improving disaster recovery plans and backups.
- Configuring and deploying new infrastructure as needed.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- At least 5 years of experience working with LAMP-stack technologies
- In depth knowledge related to Linux servers, MySQL, Apache, cron jobs, supervisord.
- Background in network security and optimization
- 2+ years’ previous experience with DevOps, Bitbucket or GitHub, CICD, and/or related certifications
- Experience with Jenkins, GitHub Actions, or any similar code pipeline tooling
- Experience working with infrastructure-based technologies (Load balancers, SSL, API Gateways, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with AIOps tools like Splunk and BigPanda is a plus
- Experience with supporting containerized or cloud applications a plus
- Operational experience with the development and deployment of large-scale systems.
- Experience with PHP, Python, or Ruby environments is a plus.
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter