About this position
LifeRaft is looking to fill a Senior Software Engineering role to help us continue to grow and enrich the platform our customers use to keep their people and assets safe.
Based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, LifeRaft was incorporated in 2014 with a clear objective to advance corporate security. We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data.
Our SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
This individual will play a critical role in building on the already sophisticated open source threat intelligence platform we have. You will partner closely with the engineering leadership and core product engineering teams to build new features and capabilities across domains ranging from data acquisition to data visualization to threat intelligence and management.
We pride ourselves on our innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data. LifeRaft provides a threat intelligence and investigations platform, Navigator, to corporate security teams around the world, including some of the biggest brands you've probably referenced today! Navigator is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection. Our technology is helping keep these companies, their people, and their operations safe – making a real impact in the world we all live in.
The diversity of our team is integral to our success. We are a team of passionate and supportive individuals and pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative, innovative, and fun culture. We offer our team:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Challenging and focused responsibilities
- Lifestyle subsidy
- Remote and in-person options (with dogs!)
- Hilarious co-workers & great office parties
- Mediocre office-supplied coffee
- Real DEI
What You Do as a Senior Software Engineer
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to architect, build, and maintain our customer facing threat intelligence platform in alignment with customer and market requirements
- Participate in standups, design and sprint reviews, bug bashes, and sprint kickoff activities for product releases
- Continuously analyze and optimize our platform to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Evaluate and propose new technologies and methodologies as needed to ensure we are aligned with industry best practices
- Leverage agile practices, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- At least 5 years of experience working with Python, Ruby, Go, PHP or similar programming languages for back-end/API development
- 5 years of experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or other RDBMSs with a solid understanding of SQL and database schema design
- Experience with Angular or React for front-end development
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other similar technologies is a plus
- You are a creative problem solver who works well with others and has a passion for lifelong learning.
- You love data!
- You are truly passionate about agile development, iterative improvement, and delivering value early and often
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with PHP and Laravel is a plus.
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
When applying please provide your resume and cover letter