Digital disinformation represents a growing challenge for businesses.
Technology has made it simple to manipulate audio and images. Combined with the rise of social media, bad actors can easily spread fake news and rumors.
And if successful, these digital disinformation campaigns can have an enormous impact on a company’s reputation and operations.
In the worst case scenario, a well-targeted disinformation campaign can even jeopardize the safety of employees and customers.
Buddy Jericho is the CEO of Echo Analytics Group.
He served on the ground during the conflicts in Iraq, Bosnia, and Afghanistan. Altogether, Jericho has more than 20 years of experience in the intelligence community.
In this episode, we explore exactly what is digital disinformation, the threat it presents to Corporate America, and how security practitioners can address this challenge.
- Misinformation versus disinformation: what’s the difference?
- The shadowy Russian agency behind many of these campaigns
- The tactics adversaries employ during disinformation campaigns (and how to spot them)
- Why America’s adversaries are investing so much money into disinformation campaigns
- Why you need a good research question before conducting an OSINT investigation (and how to write one yourself)
- The role OSINT practitioners can play in combating disinformation