LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector.
We are seeking an IT support administrator with strong communication skills to join our team. In this role, you will be a key point of contact for our end users who have technical issues with end user hardware and software. You will use your in-depth technical skills to resolve user/technical challenges as they arise in the day-to-day usage of end user systems (hardware and software).
- Providing day-to-day support for macOS devices, Windows 10 devices, printers, network devices, video conferencing system and other end user systems
- Answering and supporting end users when they call/chat/email
- Documenting end user support interactions on a help desk platform
- Following up with tickets to ensure resolution of end user issues
- Finding and suggesting solutions for end users’ IT needs
- Participating in identity and access management tasks
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of MacBooks, Windows workstations (laptops and desktops) and other end user systems
- Configuration and maintenance of cloud solutions including but not limited to G Suite (Google Workspace) and Microsoft 365 products
- Configuration and maintenance of tools related to device management, network management, malware management, patch management etc.
- WiFi configuration, setup, and troubleshooting v
- You would be a great fit for this opportunity if you have strong communication skills in addition to the following criteria:
- 3+ years of experience in technical/end user support
- Experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of end user systems
- Experience interacting with end users to resolve technical issues
- Good understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, NAT, VLANS, etc.
- Physical effort: must be able to lift heavy computer equipment and crawl under desks to plug in and unplug equipment
- Mobility requirement: must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Work With Us
- Office dogs (when we aren’t working remotely)
- Flexible hours
- Partial phone plan coverage
- Great office parties
- Hilarious co-workers
- Diversity & inclusion committee!