LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector. Our platform, Navigator, is intelligently designed to identify, track, and investigate issues related to physical and digital security programs.
Navigator is used world-wide by Fortune 100 companies, global organizations, and investigative firms. Our team is constantly innovating and developing the platform to anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our customers, further bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
The VP of Product is responsible for leading the organization’s product strategy, including product enhancements, release cycles, and product roadmap. This role will evaluate the potential and practicality of product enhancements and will rely on consultation with internal and external stakeholders to determine strategy and accomplish goals. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
- Management and mentoring of the Product team; implementing best practices for all product and project activities, ensuring communication at all stages and to all levels of the business remains current and appropriate.
Management of the design and development for all product improvements and new features of the Navigator platform.
- Translate the organization’s short and long-term vision into actionable strategy for the Navigator platform
- Act as the product champion by communicating and advocating the product vision and helping ensure the organization aligns to that vision
- Define, evolve, and manage the product roadmap through the collection of feedback from relevant internal and external stakeholders as well as other research and analysis
- Participate in the prioritization and execution of product features, enhancements and strategic initiatives and partnerships, including the customer user forum
- Collaborate with agile product owners to define requirements for new and enhanced product features.
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing and design team to aid in the development of product marketing plans that effectively communicate product definition, product features, solutions, product value proposition and business use cases
- Collaborate with marketing to develop product messaging, sales tools and training materials
- Provide product strategy support to front-line staff (e.g. sales and client success) including the participation in key demos, client training and other activities in the sales process and customer support
- Collaborate with the software development team to define the roadmap with a good understanding of resourcing, effort and complexity involved in the different projects.
- Become a subject matter expert in Open Source Intelligence to be able to understand, follow and anticipate trends in the industry and introduce them into the product roadmap.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience in product management.
- A background in SaaS – bonus points for experience in an Agile Development environment
- Technical competence to drive decisions around product development.
- Research and curious mind to understand and predict market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field.
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the clients and consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises).
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly and express them in simple ways.
- Experience in developing effective and impactful deliverables including requirements documents, use cases, wireframes, content review, and flow diagrams.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Experience leading software products and u nderstanding of software development management.
- Strong ability to build, motivate, and manage a team.
- The skill to report and present to clients and senior management the reason for decisions.
- Ability to assess market trends to accurately predict the ROI of an investment.
- Drive decisions based on quantitative measures, work across the organization to identify and promote product opportunities.
- Strong executive presence.
- Be an excellent communicator and presenter.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What will get you bonus points:
- A sense of humour
- No fear of dogs (semi-mandatory)
- Board games you don’t mind occasionally sharing with the team
- Willingness to pitch in and wear different hats occasionally (figuratively, not literally)
Perks of working with us
- Primary work-from-home
- Office dogs (when in the office!)
- Benefits (after probationary period)
- Well lit, comfortable working space with free parking (for in-office work)
- Partial phone plan coverage
- Great office parties
- Hilarious co-workers
- Above average office-supplied coffee
- Diversity & inclusion committee
Compensation: Base salary + bonus plan
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
View our other job postings