LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector.
We are seeking a web/software development professional to join our team as a Technical Support Developer. In this role, you will be a key point of contact (tier 3) for technical issues escalated from the Customer Success team. You will use your in-depth web development and database skills to solve technical challenges as they arise in the SaaS-based Navigator platform. Some communication with customers via email or Zoom will be required to assist with troubleshooting.
We are looking for proactive individuals that will take ownership of their work, proactively overcome roadblocks while contributing to a world class platform.
If you want to work with a dynamic, fast-growing team with an innovative spirit and a determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data – this could be the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities / What you’ll be doing:
- Using your web development and database skills to build tools to provide faster answers to common issues or questions
- Working between the software development and customer success teams, while providing guidance directly to the customers’ for technical issues as a tier 3 engineer
- Through identification of the problem itself, research on answers and subsequently fix the issues if needed
- Actively maintaining and managing the customer helpdesk leveraging your strong communication skills and customer centric mindset
Qualifications / What we’re looking for
You would be a great fit for this opportunity if you have skills as a web or software developer and strong communication skills in addition to the following criteria:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with PHP is a must (Laravel framework experience will be valued)
- Experience performing direct SQL queries to triage problems
- Experience in a technical support or customer service role (using customer support tools such as Zendesk) is an advantage
What’s in it for you
Impact: Navigator advances corporate security and is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and & infrastructure protection.
Flexibility: The LifeRaft team has employees working across Canada from the comfort of their own home. That being said, you are also welcome to work from the Halifax office, with the rest of the team… and their office dogs!
Perks: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a fun & informal office culture, free parking and above average office-supplied coffee.
Challenge: Your work is solving real-world problems, and is bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
- Office dogs (when we aren’t working remotely)
- Flexible hours
- Partial phone plan coverage
- Great office parties
- Hilarious co-workers
- Diversity & inclusion committee!
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
View our other job opportunities