If you work as a leader and corporate security, then you have probably heard this question when speaking to executives, “What is the ROI on that?”
Security leaders have a responsibility to address a growing number of threats against their organizations. That requires more people, more technology, and more budget.
Unfortunately, this reality is not always evident to decision makers. Executives want to see a measurable return on every dollar they spend. But the benefits of a well run physical security program are largely invisible.
In this edition of the LifeRaft Security Conversations series, Chairman and Co-founder of Topo.ai, Phil Harris, discusses how security leaders can better articulate the value of their physical security program.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to measure the ROI of your physical security program.
- How to play corporate politics (and get what you want).
- Why decision makers see security as a bloated cost center (and how to fix that perception)
- Why security departments often get siloed in organizations
- How to ask executives for a larger budget.
- What physical security professionals can learn from their peers in cybersecurity
- What corporate leaders need to know about their company’s 10-K document