If you work in security leadership, then you probably appreciate the challenge of recruiting and retaining top talent. This will become a big problem for managers in 2022.
Thanks to a tight job market, long tenured employees have started to chase higher salaries. And with the Baby Boomer generation approaching retirement age, economists expect an exodus of experienced professionals over the coming years.
So how can someone running a security or threat intelligence program address these duel challenges?
Alan Saquella is an adjunct faculty professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, College of Business, Security and Intelligence.
Before that, he served as the Director of Security and Investigations at Cox Communications.
In this episode, we discuss the state of the job market, how security leaders can recruit and retain employees, and the most underrated source of top talent in the profession today.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The common recruiting mistake that sabotages most managers.
- The most underrated pool of top talent in the security profession today.
- The one practice security leaders can do today to dramatically improve retention in their department.
- What ‘the Great Resignation’ means for security teams nationwide.
- How the security community as a whole can do to promote the field as an attractive career path for young professionals.